Friday, July 24, 2009

Losing my Passion but Looking for IT

I don't know when this really started but it has come to the fore-front of my thoughts on an hourly basis the past few weeks, I have lost my passion. My passion used to lie in seeing my finished products, no matter what I made I loved it. Now it all feels like a routine.

The creating, making, listing, promoting. I just so exhausting and not fun anymore. When I started creating to sell, I told myself I would always love what I am doing and that would be my drive. Well, like a guy, I have fallen out of love with my creating. How does one fall out of love with a craft that they lived for and near-perfected a skill for. I could just about crochet anything that was asked of me. Lately, I have been trying to focus my attention on creating certain items. Maybe that is part of my problem. I am not a routine person and I get BORED easily.

So I am on the search to find my passion again. Honestly, I know where my heart is and that is with designing and creating wedding dresses. Since I was very young, I love to draw the dress I wanted to get married in. Mind you, over the course of 27 years my tastes have changed but I still love the wedding dress and creating them for me or any girl who wants to feel special. I know that at the moment there is not enough space for me to design and create wedding dresses but I will get there some day!


In the meantime, I will be setting on a new course with my creative aspects. I, of course, will be continuing to expand my tutu horizons with tutu dress and creating complete costume to go with the tutus. Those will stay in the Kaedan Krafts shop. In the Meagan's Designs shop, you will be seeing my new creative pathway. I am going to take all the patterns (1000+patterns) and creating each and everyone of them! Some of the creations will be going up for sale in my shop and others I will be giving as gifts for the upcoming Christmas season but you will see each and every one on my blog! This will keep things fresh and new and maybe, just maybe, I will find my passion again!

4 comments:

  1. You've already taken the first step! You'll get there. :) I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! With your talent, all you need is a bit of a nudge. Kudos for taking the initiative yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's sounds like so much work, and so much fun! Ican't wait to see the fabulous things that you bring to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed with such talent, and an eye for beauty in colors. I know that you will do well in your new endeaver. I will keep watching your blog and tweets to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete