Sunday, July 26, 2009

My First Pattern Challenge

As I said in my last posting, I am challenging myself to take everyone of my patterns and create each of them. I know this is not going to be a quick thing to do because some of these patterns are complicated and involved. Plus when it comes to knitting, I am not the fastest knitter but slow and steady wins the race!

So I have picked my first pattern called the Simple Mistake Knit Rib Vest by Karen J. Minott. About 6 months ago, I bought a pattern book called 101 Designer one-skein wonders and this pattern was in the book. I started this pattern back in May and got all of 2 rows knitted before I put it in my "project to be finished at a later time" box. The poor thing just sat there waiting for me to pick it up and click my needles together again.

The yarn I chose is Red Heart Designer Sport in baby blue. It seems to be a pretty good weight for the vest.I have about 3 inches knit so far and it is beginning to look good. I can see the ribs forming and everything! I am figuring it will take me about 2 weeks to finish this pattern. Everyday, I want to knit for a couple of hours which I can do after kiddies go to sleep because then I will be uninterrupted. I am still undecided about whether to keep this vest for myself or not but I am really liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment